Small Bathroom Remodeling | Before Remodeling Your Bathroom
Small Bathroom Remodeling Time Table
Before remodeling your bathroom there are some critical things you should be aware of.
The first thing is the time table. Some bathroom remodeling projects (a lot been submitted to our site) are small bathroom remodel, like replacing the vanity, install on existing vanity a granite counter or a replacement of a linoleum floor.
But if you are looking for a complete bathroom remodel you should prepare your self to at least 2-3 weeks of working inside your home. We prepared for you a time table that will give you an idea to what is the time required to complete a standard complete bathroom remodel.
- Demolition - One to Two Days. Demolition is the easy but the messiest part of your bathroom remodeling project. Depends on the foundation and the size of the bathroom this is the fastest part of the complete remodel. If you have tile floor laid out on a slab foundation it will take longer to remove.
- Rough Carpentry Modifications - One Day. The carpenter or the framer will arrive after the demolition is complete and will start to reform the bathroom structure, like a bench, shower panel and fix any rotten pieces of wood before installation will start.
- Rough Plumbing - One To Two Days. This will depend a lot if any fixtures need to be relocated or multiply. If existing plumbing stay the same you should be done with this part within a matter of hours.
- Electrical Work - One Day. Recessed lights, heaters, vents. The electrical work is usually fast with no delays.
- Insulation and Hang Drywall - One Day. Simple process to prepare installation of fixtures. One day is plenty
- Finish Drywall - Two Days. Finishing the drywall is simple and fast, but it necessary to inspect again & again to make sure the final finish for your bathroom will be just the way you dreamed about. A lot of professional contractors will prefer creating cement walls instead of using dry wall or green board.
- Install Granite on Walls and Floors and Grout - Three Days. Your dream bathroom is coming together. Now you feel you missed the old one? Funny. Depends on material installed this is the most slow and nerve wracking process of waiting your bathroom to be done.
- Install Cabinets, Tops, Toilet, Faucet - One to Two Days. Depends on the fixtures it should take a day and a half
- Painting and Final Touches - Two Days. Your bathroom is almost complete and you going in and out with a magnifying glass. It?s done, relax and enjoy.
Weeks for a bathroom remodel it?s not a bad timing to complete a job that involves 5-6 trades, numerous number of fixtures and your most private room in your home is done. Usually a complete bathroom remodel priced 8k-22k its all depends on the size and we all know that these days the option are endless.